As a homeowner, you will eventually be faced with the need to repair or replace expensive appliances and home systems such as the A/C, heating unit, washer, dryer or possibly your refrigerator. And when that time comes, a home warranty can save you thousands of dollars.
Why should buyers and sellers purchase an HMS Home Warranty?
Simply compare the average cost to repair or replace a system or appliance and it's easy to see how you come out ahead. Warranty holders benefit from significant discounts on name-brand appliances through Appliance Buyline and can conveniently place claims and renew their warranty online at any time.
See How I Can Save
With the hefty cost of repairing or replacing major appliances and systems such as air conditioning, heating, plumbing and electrical, an HMS Home Warranty provides the protection and peace of mind you need.
The chart shows the estimated range of retail costs for common repairs and replacements. With an HMS Home Warranty, all you pay for covered repairs or replacements is a low deductible.*
Benefits for Sellers
- Make your home a preferred home. Eight out of ten buyers prefer to buy a home covered by a home warranty plan. (Source: Gallup Poll)
- Attract more first-time home buyers. Provide peace of mind for buyers who might be intimidated by the high cost of repairing or replacing systems or appliances.
- Leverage your HMS Home Warranty. Make your home stand out from other listings.
- Avoid closing delays. An HMS Home Warranty can minimize the chance that an equipment or system failure could delay closing.
- Free coverage during listing*. In most states, payment is due at closing.
- No post-sale worries. If a breakdown happens after closing, the buyer will turn to the HMS Home Warranty.
- Industry-leading workmanship guarantee. Covered repairs are guaranteed for 180 days. That means you won't pay a cent if the problem reoccurs due to a workmanship issue.
Benefits for Buyers and Current Homeowner
- Save money and protect your budget. Rather than paying hundreds or thousands of dollars to repair or replace an appliance or home system, you'll pay a standard deductible per service call, per trade, on covered components.**
- Comprehensive protection. We'll repair or replace covered systems and appliances no matter the age, make or model. Plus, there are no home square footage restrictions and no inspection required.
- National network of pre-screened service partners. Each partner in our network of over 40,000 qualified service professionals has been pre-screened to meet our high service standards.
- Convenient and easy claims process. We're available 24/7/365. All you have to do to place a claim is call our toll-free number or submit a claim online and you will be assigned a qualified service provider in your area.
- Unlimited service. You can call HMS for as many appliance and system repairs as needed.*
- Never get locked out. You are covered for up to $50 per year for locksmith services.
- Save with Appliance Buyline®. Even if items in your home are running great, you may decide to remodel or upgrade. You can take advantage of this buying power and get deep discounts off brand name appliances.
- Industry–leading workmanship guarantee. Covered repairs are guaranteed for 180 days. That means you won't pay a cent if the problem reoccurs due to a workmanship issue.
- Easily renew your warranty. You can enjoy the protection of an HMS Home Warranty Plan for as long as you own your home.***
* See terms, conditions and limitations in your contract. Non-covered charges may apply to certain repairs or replacements.
* As governed by state law
** See terms, conditions and limitations in your contract. Non-covered charges may apply to certain repairs or replacements.
*** Eligibility subject to underwriting criteria.