1.Attend one of HUFF Realty’s Career Seminars (Contact Pam Schreiter, HUFF Realty 513-644-4111 for seminar information) to understand the life of a real estate agent and speak with some of HUFF Realty’s agents and managers to gain a more complete picture of the opportunities available in the real estate industry in Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and Southeastern Indiana.
2. Select a school to train for your real estate exam. For your assistance, ALL accredited PRE-LICENSING institutions are required by the Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana Real Estate Commissions to provide standardized curriculum.
3. Begin attending classes at the real estate school of your choice.
4. Have your fingerprints taken and then send them off to the F.B.I. The real estate commissions will review the F.B.I. records before issuing a real estate license.
5. Contact Pam Schreiter, HUFF Realty 513-644-4111 to schedule an appointment.
6. Interview with one or more of HUFF’s office managers to select a HUFF sales office to train and work.
7. Take and pass the state real estate exam.
8. Begin your career with HUFF Realty.
9. Join the local board of Realtors. HUFF Realty agents are members of the local boards in Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and Southeastern Indiana
10. Start your HUFF Realty training classes.
Real Estate Sales - Kentucky Licensing Requirements
You must be 18 years of age.
You must have attained a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalency.
Candidates who have completed at least 28 credit hours from a post secondary institution may submit a copy of the transcript in lieu of the high school or G.E.D. diploma.
You must have completed six semester credit hours in real estate courses from an accredited college or university or 96 classroom hours in real estate courses from a Kentucky Approved Proprietary School. Courses must be completed prior to taking the real estate examination.
Effective July 1, 2001, all persons who will be taking the sales or broker examination or applying for a license through a reciprocal agreement must submit to a criminal background check.
If you currently or have ever held a license in another state, you must include with your application a "License Certification" from that state along with your application. A copy of your license is not acceptable.
Real Estate Sales - Ohio Licensing Requirements
You must be honest, truthful and of good reputation.
You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
You must be sponsored by an Ohio Real Estate Broker.
You must not have been convicted of a felony or crime of moral turpitude, adjudged by a court to have violated any civil rights laws regarding real estate within the past two years or violated any rules of the Ohio Division of Real Estate. If you are found to have done so, you must submit satisfactory proof to the Superintendent of Real Estate that you will not violate such laws or rules again.
If you were born after 1950, you must have a high school diploma or its equivalent as recognized by the Ohio Department of Education.
In addition, the State of Ohio requires four courses. Real Estate Principles and Practices and Real Estate Law are 40 classroom hours each and Real Estate Finance and Real Estate Appraisal are 20 classroom hours each.
Questions? Contact Pam Schreiter, HUFF Realty 513-644-4111